jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Memory issues with jackrabbit/lucene
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 07:45:17 GMT
Hi Muguet,

Le 28/09/2009 20:41, Muguet Bradbury a écrit :
> We are experiencing memory leaks in our application that uses jackrabbit
> 1.4.  When we analyze the heap dump, there are many instances of Lucene
> TermBuffer objects in the heap when the exception occurs.  Upon
> inspection of the TermBuffer objects, we see document content that we
> want to store, but we don't want to be able to search within this
> content.

You say memory leaks but the memory may be needed if you create lots
of documents and only save once later at the end of the processing.
Indeed transient nodes and properties will be kept in memory till
changes are committed.
If this is a memory leak, once the documents are stored and sessions
are closed do you still have memory allocated with Lucene objects ?
Do you store big file like PDF which is known for being indexing slowly
and asynchronously in JR ?
> Is there a way to add content to a jackrabbit repo without making it
> searchable, thus avoiding the TermBuffer objects being created?

Anyway, you can try to remove all the SearchIndex elements in your
repository.xml (do not forget to report these changes into existing
workspaces using repo/workspaces/<wsp-name>/workspace.xml)
to disable indexation.

--
Sébastien Launay