jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: problem shuting down tomcat
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2009 15:03:48 GMT
Le 22/09/2009 16:46, Bruno Coelho a écrit :
> I don't know how to tell apart wich ones are daemons or not... I just
> have the total number of thread and the total number of daemon threads
> (using jconsole)...
> so the best I can give you is a threadump of all threads. sorry about
> this.

I do not see any thread about Jackrabbit nor Derby so this does not
seems to be a Jackrabbit related issue.

Maybe, the jconsole connection creates a user thread which prevent
Tomcat from shutting down.

If you are under UNIX a kill -KILL <tomcat-pid> will dump the JVM
stack trace with daemon flags in the output stream (generally
catalina.out).
If you are under Windows a CTRL+PAUSE in the tomcat console will
dump the same JVM stack trace with daemon flags but directly
into the console.

You can try without jconsole connected to the application or without
JMX at all.
The dumped stack trace will normally contains more information.

--
Sébastien Launay