jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Launay <sebastien.lau...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: problem shuting down tomcat
Date Mon, 21 Sep 2009 15:29:36 GMT
Hi Bruno,

Le 21/09/2009 17:04, Bruno Coelho a écrit :
> hi all,
>
> in the catalina.out log I can only see some unclosed session and
> nothing else:
>
> 21.09.2009 15:16:26 *WARN * SessionImpl: Unclosed session detected.
> The session was opened here:  (SessionImpl.java, line 1579)
> java.lang.Exception: Stack Trace
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.<init>(SessionImpl.java:239)
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.SessionImpl.<init>(SessionImpl.java:255)
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.XASessionImpl.<init>(XASessionImpl.java:98)
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createSessionInstance(RepositoryImpl.java:1456)
>
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createSession(RepositoryImpl.java:943)
>
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.login(RepositoryImpl.java:1358)
>     at
> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.server.ServerRepository.login(ServerRepository.java:104)

>     at
>
>     at

>     at
> sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:294)
>     at sun.rmi.transport.Transport$1.run(Transport.java:153)
>     at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:149)
>     at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:466)
>     at
> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:707)

This warning occurs when a session has not been closed
with session.logout() and therefore is garbage collected.
> the last entry looks that the tomcat ended just fine but if I look at
> the running process tomcat is still there...
If tomcat is still running, check if there is at least one user thread
because tomcat will really shutdown if there is only daemon threads.

Last time i checked, Jackrabbit and Derby uses only daemon threads
to prevent this behavior.

A kill -QUIT <pid> on the tomcat process launched with a Sun JVM
will dump the stack trace on the output stream (generally catalina.out)
where you can find the potential user threads.

--
Sébastien Launay