jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Kenneth Yue <Kenneth....@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: How to replace RMI with WebDAV?
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2009 21:07:51 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Kenneth Yue<Kenneth.Yue@sun.com> wrote:
>> Any ideas?  I'm beginning to think this may be a bug.
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.RepositoryImpl.java expects a
>> javax.naming.spi.ObjectFactory implementation, but I looked over the entire
>> Jackrabbit workspace and found only the following classes implement
>> javax.naming.spi.ObjectFactory:
>>
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepositoryFactory
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.jcr2spi.RepositoryImpl$Factory
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory
>>
>> BindableRepositoryFactory and ClientRepositoryFactory are unrelated to
>> WebDAV.  RepositoryImpl$Factory is, well, the code that's doing the
>> checking,  So is the code looking for itself???  How does the code expect
>> users to use it?  Does the code expect users to write their own
>> ObjectFactory implementation and plug it in?  Then how exactly is
>> org.apache.jackrabbit.client.RepositoryFactoryImpl useful?
>>
>> What do you all think?  Thanks.
>
> Maybe this thread helps: http://markmail.org/message/4oy65gmvjttg42ht

Unfortunately it doesn't help.  I was the one who started that thread
and the one who ended that thread by posting the last message:

http://markmail.org/message/r5jbob2f7pob77k7

I added the request of an ObjectFactory implementation to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1877 but this issue has been
fixed still without an ObjectFactory implementation.  :-(

There is a related issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2041
which is also marked as fixed.  But again, still no ObjectFactory
implementation.

I would love to have someone explaining to me what the logic in
RepositoryImpl$Factory is.  Why is it checking for an ObjectFactory
implementation while none exists (besides BindableRepositoryFactory and
ClientRepositoryFactory which are totally unrelated)?  Thanks.

Regards,

Ken