jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Philipp Bunge <b...@crimson.ch>
Subject PropertyValue constraint fails with implicit selectorName using SQL2
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:55:55 GMT
Hi All

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm not reading the spec right.

The following query works:

SELECT * FROM [my:thing] AS thing WHERE thing.[my:property] = 'abc'

the following doesn't:

SELECT * FROM [my:thing] AS thing WHERE [my:property] = 'abc'

(the "AS thing" is unecessary here, I can leave it out with the same result).

The second query results in an:
javax.jcr.query.InvalidQueryException: Query:
SELECT * FROM [my:thing] AS thing WHERE [(*)my:property] = 'abc';
expected: NOT, (

The spec final draft however states:

PropertyValue ::= [selectorName'.'] propertyName
    /* If only one selector exists in this query,
       explicit specification of the selectorName is
       optional */

Does this look like a bug to you? If so I can post a bug report if you like.

Thanks,
Philipp