jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From kbar <whereisk...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit, Sling, JCR, Servlets learning path
Date Sun, 27 Sep 2009 07:17:33 GMT

I am new to the world of Java based web development. I am finding myself
constantly hitting road blocks while trying to learn Jackrabbit and Sling
because the documentation assumes that you already know alot of previous
things. So I was wondering if someone could give me a good learning path
that I could follow to get myself up to speed.

As an example all I am currently trying to do is just list the contents of a
folder using Sling and I am unable to figure out how to do it. I am messing
with Jackrabbit, Sling, esp, groovy, servlets and all sorts of technology
and am just digging myself a bigger hole with more technology flying at me.
I have been crawling the sling and jackrabbit sites but can't find anything
for a newbie like myself.

Can someone recommend a list of things to learn and in what order. Also
perhaps any good books from amazon or websites that I could look at?

Cheers,
kbar