jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From herbert <i...@gmx.de>
Subject Derby-DB vs. MySQL-DB?
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:54:40 GMT

Hi!

We plan to use jackrabbit 1.6.0 as a content repository, that mainly stores
binary files. As recommended we've decided to use a FileDataStore for better
file-handling.

Next we plan to use a DB-based-persistence manager regarding consistency and
atomicy.

The remaining question is, whether we should use a Derby-Database or an
already existing MySQL-Database? (Already existing means, we do not have an
overhead in installing, configuring and administering a MySQL-Server, as it
has to be done anyway.)

Does anyone have experiences with Derby-DBs in production-environments? Is
it stable? Reliable? Performant? Or can provide some other pro or cons for
either DB?

Regards, Herbert