jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From AmirRaminfar <finda...@gmail.com>
Subject question about versioning and previewing data
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:09:06 GMT

hi all,
I am creating a cms tool where I am using the versioning to label "live"
snapshots for content that should be live on production. any versions after
that snapshot is either in working mode or is not being used for some other
reason. So let's say I have a node xyz with such history:

1.0
1.1
1.2 <--labeled as "live"
1.3
1.4 <--head

To show the content I can looked for the "live" version and display that. Is
this the right idea? Has not anybody else tried this?

One problem I am having is that when I load the node for version 1.2 all the
properties are set. But the properties for the children are not set. I am
not sure why this is.

Please let me know what your suggestions are. I am curious to know what
other have used to have a preview server.