jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From amjedonline <amjedonl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can i add new users and store them in repository
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 09:47:14 GMT

Hi Simer Anand,
Below is the possible code that makes things a little clear for you:

    //UserService is any userservice/dao, that creates user object in your
database ?
    @Override
    public User createUser(String userID, String password) throws
AuthorizableExistsException, RepositoryException {
        User user = null;
        if(this.userService.exists(userId)){
            throw new AuthorizableExistsException();
        }
        try{
            user = this.userService.create(userId,password)
        }catch(Exception e){
            throw new RepositoryException(e.getMessage());
        }

        return user;
    }

    // You can ignore intermediate path if it doesnt make any sense in your
case
    @Override
    public User createUser(String userID, String password, Principal
principal, String intermediatePath)
            throws AuthorizableExistsException, RepositoryException {

        return createUser(userID, password);
    }

 Ignore principal, unless you are using the userId as principal.

-Amjed