jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From simer anand <simer.anan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can i add new users and store them in repository
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 08:42:00 GMT

Hello amjedonline and users,

                                          I went through the source code of
the UserManger class that is
org.apache.jackrabbit.api.security.user.UserManager and found some methods
as create user(String UserId , String Password) but being doing it first
time don't know how i can configure it . So  any one who can provide me with
some sample programs.

 User createUser(String userID, String password) throws
AuthorizableExistsException, RepositoryException;
  /**
     * Creates an User for the given userID that authenitcates with the
given
     * {@link javax.jcr.Credentials Credentials} and returns the specified
     * Principal upon {@link User#getPrincipal()}. If the implementation is
not
     * able to deal with the <code>itermediatePath</code> that parameter
should
     * be ignored.
     * Except for the <code>itermediatePath</code>, neither of the specified
     * parameters can be <code>null</code>.
     *
     * @param userID
     * @param password
     * @param principal
     * @param intermediatePath
     * @return The new <code>User</code>.
     * @throws AuthorizableExistsException in case the given userID is
already
     * in use or another Authorizable with the same principal name exists.
     * @throws RepositoryException If the current Session is
     * not allowed to create users or some another error occurs.
     */

I' m stuck in this issue please help
Thanks
simer