jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From harshadk <harsh...@gmail.com>
Subject Retrieving the Data from file data store to a specified location.
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 15:26:56 GMT

Hi List,
Here is my configuration for Jackrabbit
Model 3 of deployment.
Jackrabbit on Apache Tomcat 6.0.20, using jackrabbit-webapp-1.6.0.war
Using - FileDataStore for storing large binary files. (in our case the size
of these files will be ~ 1-10 GB)
Client side I am using jackrabbit-jcr-rmi 1.5.0

I have successfully stored the files of size more than 8 GB.
But when I am retrieving the same I am facing some issues.

/*==============================
Session session = SessionUtil.getSession();
Node fileNode = (Node)
session.getItem("/sampleData/FirstFolder/TestHugeFile");
Node resourceNode = fileNode.getNode(JcrConstants.JCR_CONTENT);
resourceNode.getProperty(JcrConstants.JCR_DATA).getStream());
=======================================*/

here, when I am trying to retrieve the binary data it starts caching the
whole file on my local machine.

Can we control this behavior, I am mean I would like to store this file at
another location on my Network.
First downloading the file on local machine & then transferring it to
network drive would be very costly process... considering the amount of data
involved

Also my intent is to use java.nio .... i.e. non-blocking I/O on this file
.... any idea how I can archive this?

Best Regards
Harshad