jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From amjedonline <amjedonl...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how can i add new users and store them in repository
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2009 09:30:00 GMT

Hi Simer,

Jakckrabbit has o.a.j.api.security.user.UserManager interface to implement
your custom usermanager.

But the irony is that one cannot configure jackrabbit to use custom
usermanager ( hypothetical <UserManager class=".."> :-) ).

however you can achieve this by writing your own SecurityManager ( which can
be configured with  <SecurityManager/>), and use the custom usermanager in
the securitymanager.

please look into the code to get an idea as to how you need to implement
UserManager and SecurityManager.

Note - consequently you have to write PrincipalProvider, as the
DefaultPrincipalProvider is implemented with UserManagerImpl composition and
not by interfacin through UserManager ( which I  assume has  some scope of
re-factoring )

This approach seems very dirty, but I cannot think of any cleaner way to
achieve this.

Jukka/Melissa - please correct me If am wrong.

-Amjed