jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Ben Francis <ben.fran...@rabbitsoft.com>
Subject Multi-tenant Content Repository
Date Tue, 15 Sep 2009 09:14:38 GMT
Hi List,

How would members of the list recommend going about implementing a
multi-tenant content repository? We would like to host multiple tenants
on one relational database server for a service where customers can sign
up to store their content via a web front end.

I can see several options:

REPOSITORY-PER-CUSTOMER

This would involve (I think) automatically creating a database (or at
least a set of tables) for each tenant that signs up. Each tenant would
have their own version storage and search index.

WORKSPACE-PER-CUSTOMER

This would involve automatically creating a new workspace for each
customer that signs up. All customers would share a common version
storage and search index and the permissions system would be relied upon
to isolate tenants' data from each other.

SUB-TREE-PER-CUSTOMER

A "tenant" node would act as the root for a sub-tree in the repository
under which the tenant's content would be stored. Again, each tenant
would share a common version store and search index and the permissions
system would be relied upon to isolate tenants from each other.

I think the last option would be the easiest to implement, but the first
option would be the most secure, what do you think?

Any suggestions welcome.

Regards

Ben

--