jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From "Nitin Gupta" <nitin....@srishtitechnet.com>
Subject Jackrabbit Usage
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2009 05:38:21 GMT
Hi all

I am developing a Web application which is mainly required to save user's
personal content such as Images, Audio and Video. Currently I am keeping
this content in a MySQL DB.

Later my app will also give users the ability to modify this content on the
fly, such as they can customize their images, add a background etc. So the
content system will also be required to save this kind of content. Different
components of my application will access this modified content and will
further process them for example printing, shipping etc.

Will a Content Repository solution be useful for me? If yes, then can I make
use of Jackrabbit as a starter? What will be the best combination for my
app's scenario. For example, file system, database etc? I am mainly looking
at following:

-          Simple HTTP access to my files so that I can publish them on my
web pages

-          Organization of files within a folder structure. Files will be of
different projections, like Thumbnail etc.

-          Integration with Spring, since My app is in Spring. I hope that I
can make use of Spring's JCR module.

Rgds