jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance of a large number of small nodes
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:08:38 GMT
Hi Nigel,

On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Nigel Sim<nigel.sim@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, even in the simplest case of 100
> nodes in the root node, the time taken to retrieve is too long. If I could
> resolve this fundamental speed issue then I could apply your solution to
> help me scale my system....

How much is too long, and how do you retrieve the nodes?
I'm curious, as retrieving 100 nodes by navigating the JCR
parent/child relationships should not be that slow.

> ...I think I just need to bite the bullet and admit my use case doesn't really
> map on Jackrabbit :)...

If you tell us a bit more about your data structure, someone might be
able to help.
Did you have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DavidsModel ?
That can help structure things in a JCR-friendly way.

-Bertrand