jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Documentation / books?
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 21:26:30 GMT
2009/8/4 Ruben van Loen <r.vanloen@kennisnet.nl>:
> I have been looking for books on Jackrabbit, but I haven't found
> anything. Neither could  I find a book that is dedicated to the JCR.

Yes, that book is still missing. Many plans but so far people were
focused on implementing the spec and improving it (JSR-283) ;-)

The case is not that bad if you take a look at the spec [1] (and
upcoming JCR 2.0 / JSR-283 [2], download latest versions and get the
pdf). It is well-written and gives a good tutorial at the beginning.

> The JackRabbit documentation is not extensive enough to get a new user
> like me going. How did you learn Jackrabbit and what
> literature/documentation/tutorial can you recommend? It sound like such
> a promising system, but it just lacks proper documentation and a good
> BOOK like most popular software systems have.

There are many links to introductions and tutorials on the wiki:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JcrLinks

[1] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170
[2] http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=283

Hope that helps,