jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Cluster configuration and JBoss JCA
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 21:21:07 GMT
On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Vjger<mariner@libero.it> wrote:
> My problem arises because JBoss will work in cluster configuration and, if I
> point the different nodes the same repository, which is on FileSystem, the
> first who opens the Repositiry connection locks it and so, the other nodes
> are blocked to use it.
>
> IS IT POSSIBLE AVOID THIS PROBLEM?

No, the files (eg. file system persistence manager, search index,
nodetype/namespace xml, etc.) of a single repository can only be used
by one running Jackrabbit instance. That's why clustering exists,
which in conjunction of a persistence manager that allows for
concurrent access and a journal handles the required synchronization.

> I presumed using the Jackrabbit Cluster Configuration: now it is correct BUT
> in any case, the two repository don't communicate between them even if the
> journal file is created into the shared area.
>
> IS IT CAUSED BECAUSE I'M USING A FILE SYSTEM BASED PERSISTENCE MANAGER?

Yes, the file system persistence manager is not cluster-able. As noted
on http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering :

"When using Jackrabbit, one option is to use a database persistence
manager, and use a database that does support concurrent access. The
file system based persistence managers in Jackrabbit are not
transactional and don't support concurrent access; Apache Derby
doesn't support concurrent access in the embedded mode."

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek