jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Disable Indexing but still getting IndexMerger log messages
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:59:28 GMT
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 14:49, Paulo Silva<alfatek@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation.
>
> As I stated, I have a big "copy" operation (1000-5000 nodes) in my
> application. Is there any way to optimize this?
> I've playing with configs and increasing minMergeDocs to 2000 seems to
> help (is there any problem increasing this?),

it will use more memory, but otherwise isn't really a problem.

> but still takes around
> 15s in my machine.

hmm, is that just the time to index the copied content or the overall
copy operation?

> Any tips to improve this copy?

you could disable the index altogether, but I guess that's not what you want...

do you have nt:resource nodes in that content, with expensive text
extractors configured? pdf text extraction with pdfbox is known to be
expensive.

regards
 marcel