jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Disable Indexing but still getting IndexMerger log messages
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 07:13:08 GMT
Hi,

2009/7/29 Paulo Silva <alfatek@gmail.com>:
> I have a big "copy" operation in my application that I'm trying to optimize.
> For that I disabled indexing by changing my index.xml to have
> "<index-rule nodeType="nt:base"></index-rule>".
>
> Still, I'm getting log messages like this in my copy operation:
> 12:30:23,921 INFO  [IndexMerger] merged 20 documents in 15 ms into _5ql.

this won't disable indexing entirely. it will just limit the number of
properties indexed to a minimum. that is, jcr:primaryType,
jcr:mixinTypes and any kind of reference properties are always
indexed. it is not possible to exclude nodes of a certain type or a
sub tree from indexing. hierarchical information (parent-child
relations) are also resolved within the index and requires that all
nodes are present in the index.

regards
 marcel