jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Generation of Jackrabbit-tables in MySQL
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:51:16 GMT
Hi,

> I wonder, why the *_fsentry-tables get the character set Latin1?
> (Btw, this happens on windows-systems and also on linux-systems)

Yes, because "character set latin1" hardcoded in
org/apache/jackrabbit/core/fs/db/mysql.sql

> Can anyone explain the latin1-encoding?

I don't know, but I guess to ensure no 'strange' encoding is used for
the file system, to ensure the file system always works. We could
probably hardcode UTF-8. I don't think it matters.

> Is there a way to set the encoding of these tables to UTF-8?

You could (change mysql.sql, or create a new file and use that:
databaseType=myown_mysql).
But why is it important for you?

Regards,
Thomas