jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Question
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 19:02:13 GMT
Hi,

See:
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/FrontPage
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/PersistenceManagerFAQ
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

> 1. Performance and overhead use during concurrent access of 100 users at
> minimum?

I can't answer this question, you probably have to test it. It depends
on the workload, and the persistence manager / data store used.

> 2. Does jackrabbit store the file (e.g pdf,jpg and etc..) as binary in the
> filesystem?

By default yes, but you can disable use another data store. See
http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore

> if yes, how can we revive the binary file into its original
> form?

The best way is using the JCR API. In theory, you could access the
data directly using the DataStore API, but then you need to know the
data identifier (the hash code of the data), which is data store
implementation specific.

> 3. How does jackrabbit manages and secure its filesystem storage?

It depends on how you define 'manage and secure'. It mainly relies on
the storage backend (database / file system) to do that.

Regards,
Thomas