jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: will jackrabbit scale to petabyte repository?
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 06:18:18 GMT
Hi,

> considering using jackrabbit as our jcr for a rewrite of our current app. We
> currently have about 1 PB of content and metadata that we would like to store
> in a single workspace. Will jackrabbit scale to this size? Has anyone created a
> repository of this size with jackrabbit? Should we limit the size of the
> workspaces?

How many nodes do you plan for?

If it's mainly binary data (such as files) I suggest to use the data
store. http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore - then it shouldn't
be a problem.

If there is little binary data, the problem might be backup (it
depends on the persistence manager you use).

> We are
> also considering using the ‘Amazon
> S3 Persistence Manager Project’ found in the sandbox, has anyone used it in a
> production environment?

I didn't use it, but from what I know the performance might be a
problem. You would need to test it yourself.

Regards,
Thomas