jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From go canal <goca...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Error creating bean with name 'jackrabbitRepository' ......Thee repository home C:\Spring3Repo appears to be in use since the file named .lock is already locked by the current process.
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 05:50:57 GMT
finally found the problem - this has nothing to do with the version of any components I use,
Jackrabbit or Spring.

I load myservlet-servlet.xml using Spring's ContextLoaderListener in web.xml;
myservlet-servlet.xml  <import> other configuration files. This causes the 'lock' problem
because I think beans are then initialized twice.

What I did was to load myservlet-context.xml in ContextLoaderListener instead.
myservlet-context.xml imports other configuration files.
myservlet-servlet.xml is anyway automatically loaded by the servelet container.

Alex is right, 'someone' else is started already, causing the conflict.
rgds,
canal

________________________________
From: go canal <gocanal@yahoo.com>
To: users@jackrabbit.apache.org
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:00:10 AM
Subject: Re: Error creating bean with name 'jackrabbitRepository' ......Thee  repository home
C:\Spring3Repo appears to be in use since the file named  .lock is already locked by the current
process.

this is strange ..

did more test,
my original configuration is ok: Eclipse 3.5 + Spring 2.5.6 + Jackrabbit 1.5.6 + Spring JCR
Module + Derby
then I change this to Eclipse 3.5 + Spring 2.5.6 + Jackrabbit 1.6 + Spring JCR mmodule + H2,
still ok.
(I do see the .lock file created in the repo folder though)

then I stop this, delete all the files (db and repo), and start the Spring 3.0 configuration,
still saw same msg saying the repo is locked - indeed there is a .lock file created.... but
wondering why it was ok in a differerent configuration, I will be surprise that Spring checks
this..

I also compared the jars file I used, I think both configuration are the close enough- well,
I replaced Hibernate with iBatis, but should not create this problem...

there is something I overlooked ? really lost....

rgds,
canal

C:\Spring3Repo appears to be in use since the file named  .lock is already locked by the current
process.

I am not so sure but unlikely.

I restart Eclipse, then start the web application, still the same problem. There is a  .lock