jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From go canal <goca...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: full text search for CJK languages
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 06:50:44 GMT
Hi Thomas,
thank you very much.....

I have added the analyzer, excel files are ok now. but still have problems with my PDF file
- it seems that PDFBox is not able to handle some conditions, not a Jackrabbit problem. Here
is the error message:

13:45:40,453  WARN PdfTextExtractor:91 - Failed to extract PDF text content
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPageNode.getAllKids(PDPageNode.java:194)
at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPageNode.getAllKids(PDPageNode.java:182)
at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocumentCatalog.getAllPages(PDDocumentCatalog.java:226)
at org.pdfbox.util..PDFTextStripper.writeText(PDFTextStripper.java:216)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.PdfTextExtractor.extractText(PdfTextExtractor.java:75)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.CompositeTextExtractor.extractText(CompositeTextExtractor.java:90)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.JackrabbitTextExtractor.extractText(JackrabbitTextExtractor.java:195)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.TextExtractorJob$1.call(TextExtractorJob.java:93)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.FutureResult$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.TextExtractorJob.run(TextExtractorJob.java:172)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

I have tested some other PDF files, seems ok, I can have full text CJK search...so I suspect
that it may be a PDFBox limitation...

The PDF file giving me problems is generated with Distiller 9.0, PDF version 1.5. Nothing
special, or least I am not aware of.

rgds,
canal