jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Jia Zhou <jz...@prospricing.com>
Subject autocreate multiple workspaces
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 15:38:21 GMT
Hello,

I'm adding a document repository to a system that has already used jackrabbit for a different
purpose. So I need to add a new workspace to the existing repository. After checking various
documents, I found out that there are two ways to add new workspaces for jackrabbit 1.5. I
can either manually create the new workspace folder and copy the new workspace.xml file or
programmatically get a JackrabbitWorkspace instance to invoke the createWorkspace() method.
This seems very awkward approaches to me. Why doesn't jackrabbit support put multiple workspace
config templates in the repository.xml config file so that jackrabbit can create all the workspaces
at the first startup time? I'm wondering whether the 1.6 or 2.0 release provides alternative
approaches to auto create multiple workspaces at the first startup time.

Thanks,
Jay