jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marc Speck <marcsp...@gmail.com>
Subject Node.checkin() throws NPE
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 08:39:05 GMT
In concurrent situations, I see irregularly a NPE coming from
Node.checkin(), see trace below. It's with Jackrabbit 1.5.0 and happens when
an other thread changes the same node.
It's not a big deal in my application as I catch now the NPE but it's
surprising as Node.checkin() should not throw NPE.

Marc

 java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.AbstractVersionManager.calculateCheckinVersionName(AbstractVersionManager.java:469)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.AbstractVersionManager.checkin(AbstractVersionManager.java:403)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl$2.run(VersionManagerImpl.java:283)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl$DynamicESCFactory.doSourced(VersionManagerImpl.java:566)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.VersionManagerImpl.checkin(VersionManagerImpl.java:279)
    at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.version.XAVersionManager.checkin(XAVersionManager.java:162)
    at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.NodeImpl.checkin(NodeImpl.java:3291)