jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Nigel Sim <nigel....@gmail.com>
Subject Performance of a large number of small nodes
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 04:34:54 GMT
Hi,

I am using Jackrabbit to store a mixture of scientific data, which includes
files and numerical data. The performance of files are fine, but the
numerical data needs to be extracted as datasets based on attributes such as
observation time, and this appears to be quite slow in comparison to a
native DB (obviously). I would really prefer to keep all this related data
in the same management system, so is there a way to improve the ingestion
and retrieval of many small nodes?

Perhaps I could register a certain backend storage type for my numerical
nodes which have the same 5 or 6 attributes, and would feel more at home in
a single DB table?

My second question, is there an efficient way to query for the latest
observation? I would assume querying for the node type, sorting, and just
retrieving the first result?

Cheers
Nigel