jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bear Giles <bgi...@coyotesong.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit Question
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:47:07 GMT
go canal wrote:
> 3. How does jackrabbit manages and secure its filesystem storage?
>    >> guess not. rely on OS
(just a user here)  I believe you can write your own FileSystem and
PersistenceManager classes that provide additional functionality
vis-a-vis security, and your security manager can be as robust as you
like, modulo the need to use existing interfaces unless you're willing
to explicitly use your own classes and methods.  We were looking at
using our robust acegi/spring-security based
authentication/authorization mechanism for the security manager before
we decided to just embed JR and let the application handle access.

Bear