jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vijay K Pandey <VPan...@mdes.ms.gov>
Subject RE: Drrols 5 Expert --> Sequential vs Inference
Date Sat, 15 Aug 2009 03:54:06 GMT
So sorry..by mistake went to jackrabbit users list. Pls IGNORE the mail. Thanks

________________________________
From: Vijay K Pandey
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 5:36 PM
To: 'users@jackrabbit.apache.org'
Subject: Drrols 5 Expert --> Sequential vs Inference


Hi,



We have around 3500 business rules and rules are mainly look up value based or based on the
associated data in the RDBMS.



There are around 90% processes where we only need sequential rules check, the other 10% of
processes requires the inference capability.



My questions:



a)    Which is the best way to go for this - should we set up all the rules as inference through
stateful session or segregate 90% as sequential and others as inference. Will this segregation
going to give better performance in Drools 5 and later?



b)    Lots of our LHS depends on the data from RDBMS - we insert 1 fact - then make use of
"from/collect" to get hold of various associated data ---then do some checks on the data fetched
from RDBMS -- so is it better to program them in java directly or as sequential rules?



Any guidance will be helpful?



Thanks

Vijay





Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message