jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Pete <trashmai...@att.net>
Subject Re: will jackrabbit scale to petabyte repository?
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 14:30:45 GMT

>How many nodes do you plan for?

100’s of millions of nodes but I am
aware of the 10K child node ‘performance limit’ so we will limit child nodes
some how. As long as we adhere to the 10k child node limit do you think using a
single workspace will work or would it be better to use several workspaces?

>If it's mainly binary data (such as files) I suggest to use the data

>store. http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/DataStore -
then it shouldn't

>be a problem.

>If there is little binary data, the problem might be backup (it

>depends on the persistence manager you use).

It will be mostly binary data
probably 95% of the storage will be the binary files. As far as backup / export
goes do you think the xml export could be done? Can you export only specific
parts of the repository with jackrabbit or is it all or nothing?

Thanks.