jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From freak182 <eman.noll...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about LocalFileSystem and DataStore (File and DB)
Date Mon, 31 Aug 2009 13:34:48 GMT

Hello,

Please excuse if my question is stupid enough, just want to make clear.
here is my current repository config:

<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

</FileSystem>

<Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
		<FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

		</FileSystem>
		<PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceManager"
/>

...simple enough and it is working. Now my question is:

1. Do still need a DataSore? what DataStore i use for production?
2. what is the difference between a DataStore and FileSystem?
3. what is the best combination of DataStore and PM for production use? and
for clustering?

side question:
4. How to configure DatabaseFileSystem?

Thanks a lot. cheers.