jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From kbar <whereisk...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit on Tomcat6
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:44:32 GMT

Hi,

I am trying to get Jackrabbit working on unbuntu under tomcat6. I have got
as far as getting to the "Content Repository Setup" page ( which has the
link http:localhost:8080/jackrabbit/bootstrap/missing.jsp).

I am asked to Create a new content repository. I type in the name of home
directory that I am using  "/home/bob/jackrabbit". But after pressing the
Create Content Repository button I get the message

"The repository home directory or configuration already exists.

You have chosen to create a new repository but the specified home directory
or the configuration file already exist.

Please specify a correct location or choose to reuse an existing repository.
"

Could this be because the tomcat6 user is not able to write to my bob home
directory? If I change it to be /home/tomcat6/jackrabbit that doesn't work
either, because by default the tomcat6 user has no home directory.

What should I do? I found the page
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/application-bundle-howto.html
but unfortunately it looks like this assumes I have advanced knowledge of
jackrabbit and tomcat6 already in order to be able to follow the
instructions.

How can I create a repository manually by hand? And where should I put it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Kent.