jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From herbert <i...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Generation of Jackrabbit-tables in MySQL
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:17:48 GMT

Hi,

>> I wonder, why the *_fsentry-tables get the character set Latin1?
>> (Btw, this happens on windows-systems and also on linux-systems)

>Yes, because "character set latin1" hardcoded in
>org/apache/jackrabbit/core/fs/db/mysql.sql

Thank you guys, for the quick and informative answers.

So far, I don't have any issues with these latin-tables, but since we are
just defining a consistent encoding throughout our whole system, we would
have liked to use here UTF-8 also.
(The server runs on linux, so we would have preferred UTF-8 over Latin1.)

But if this may lead to problems as described in JCR-1049 we will stick with
Latin1 on these *_fsentry-tables.

Btw, what is saved in the *_fsentry-tables?

Regards, Herbert