jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vjger <mari...@libero.it>
Subject Re: Cluster configuration and JBoss JCA
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 10:07:34 GMT

Vjger wrote:

> Hi to all.
> I'm trying to understand how works the cluster configuration. I read teh
> wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering but I've some
> doubts.

Ok, I've understood a lot of doubts but I've problems too.

My problem arises because JBoss will work in cluster configuration and, if I
point the different nodes the same repository, which is on FileSystem, the
first who opens the Repositiry connection locks it and so, the other nodes
are blocked to use it.

IS IT POSSIBLE AVOID THIS PROBLEM?

I presumed using the Jackrabbit Cluster Configuration: now it is correct BUT
in any case, the two repository don't communicate between them even if the
journal file is created into the shared area.

IS IT CAUSED BECAUSE I'M USING A FILE SYSTEM BASED PERSISTENCE MANAGER?

This is my configuration:

Two JBoss server with a JCA Connector and a jcr-ds.xml that points to his
repository (/MyRepo1/repository.xml and /MyRepo2/repository.xml)

Into /MyRepo1/repository.xml

        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceManager">

        </PersistenceManager>

    <Cluster id="node1">
		  <Journal class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.FileJournal">

		  </Journal>
		</Cluster>

Into /MyRepo2/repository.xml

        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceManager">

        </PersistenceManager>

    <Cluster id="node2">
		  <Journal class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.journal.FileJournal">

		  </Journal>
		</Cluster>

I see that when the first JBOss starts, into the Repo1 folder the
revision.log file is created and into C:\jackrabbitShared there are
journal.log and revision files. The same when starts the second JBoss.

BUT, if I - for instance - create a document with the first web application,
it is not visible from the second web application. I.E., the two
repositories are not synchronized.

There is a way to avoid the locking of repository by .lock file? This would
be the better solution because all the JBoss nodes will point only one
shared repository.

Any suggest?

Thanks in advance