jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Vjger <mari...@libero.it>
Subject Cluster configuration and JBoss JCA
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:09:20 GMT

Hi to all.
I'm trying to understand how works the cluster configuration. I read teh
wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Clustering but I've some doubts.

I persist the data on FileSystem and I use the JCA Connector for JBoss with
his configuration datasource jcr-ds.xml.

Actually, without cluster, this is my repository.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE Repository PUBLIC "-//The Apache Software Foundation//DTD
Jackrabbit 1.5//EN"

"http://jackrabbit.apache.org/dtd/repository-1.5.dtd">

<Repository>

    <FileSystem class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

    </FileSystem>

    <Security appName="Jackrabbit">

        <SecurityManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleSecurityManager"
workspaceName="security">
         </SecurityManager>

        <AccessManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.simple.SimpleAccessManager">
        </AccessManager>

    </Security>

    <Workspaces rootPath="${rep.home}/workspaces"
defaultWorkspace="default"/>
    <Workspace name="${wsp.name}">
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

        </FileSystem>
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceManager">

        </PersistenceManager>

        <SearchIndex

        </SearchIndex>
    </Workspace>

    <Versioning rootPath="${rep.home}/version">
        <FileSystem
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem">

        </FileSystem>
        <PersistenceManager
class="org.apache.jackrabbit.core.persistence.bundle.BundleFsPersistenceManager">

        </PersistenceManager>
    </Versioning>

    <SearchIndex

    </SearchIndex>

</Repository>

My jcr-ds.xml is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connection-factories>
    <tx-connection-factory>
		<jndi-name>jcr/local</jndi-name>
		<xa-transaction/>
		<rar-name>jackrabbit-jca-1.5.6.rar</rar-name>
		<connection-definition>javax.jcr.Repository</connection-definition>
		<config-property name="homeDir"
type="java.lang.String">C:\jackrabbit\myRepository</config-property>
		<config-property name="configFile"
type="java.lang.String">classpath:repository.xml</config-property>
		<config-property name="bindSessionToTransaction"
type="java.lang.Boolean">true</config-property>
    </tx-connection-factory>
</connection-factories>

Well, if I share the folder for the repository (for instance,
Y:\jackrabbit\myRepository), how I must configure the two jcr-ds.xml and the
two repository.xml into the two nodes of my cluster?

If the "homeDir" points to the repository folder, it doesn't "found" the
repository configuration file (which is on another path). So, I suppose that
into homeDir I would put the repository.xml path folder and after, into the
two <cluster> what I must write?

Supposing that my first node has the repository.xml into
C:\jackrabbit\myRepository, my second node into D:\jackrabbit\myRepository
and my shared folder is Y:\jackrabbit\myRepository (seen by the two nodes
both), how i must configure the two jcr-ds.xml and the two <cluster> tag
into the two repository.xml?

Besides, I've seen that when JBoss creates an instance of
javax.jcr.Repository, it locks the repository itself with the .lock file.
How can the clustering work when the repository is locked by one of the
nodes?

Thans in advance.