jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Marcos Unzue <marcos.un...@globant.com>
Subject OCM queries over multiple node types.
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:15:10 GMT
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding a bit complex query that I'm trying to do using OCM and Jackrabbit
1.5.

First of all, I want to give you a brief description of my domain model:
It's composed essentially by entries (With a couple of string properties like author, creator,
etc). It's possible to upload media content files to these entries. When a media file is uploaded
an Attachment node is created with three Resource nodes, representing the media content uploaded,
a low resolution preview and a thumbnail of the content.
For example a part of the nodes tree, could be something like this:

+ / (jcr:root)
   + Entry_1 (With a 'name' property with value 'Test')
        + Attachment_1
             + Resource_1 (With a jcr:data field containing a txt file with the phase 'Hello
World')
   + Entry_2 (With a  'name' property with value 'Hello World)
        + Attachment_2
             + Resource_2.1 (With a jcr:data field containing an jpg image data)
             + Resource_2.2 (With a jcr:data field containing a low resolution version of
the image)
             + Resource_2.2 (With a jcr:data field containing a thumbnail version of the image)

My question is, is possible create a single OCM query, that allows me filter the entries that
matches some conditions or has any attachment with any resource that has the searched string
in the resource's jcr:data field?

For example if I search 'Hello World', should returns both entries, because the first one
has an attachment with a resource that contains the phrase 'Hello World' and in the second
one, the phrase is part of the name of the entry.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards.

Marcos.