jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Tobias Bocanegra <tri...@day.com>
Subject Re: Restore version node without loosing versions
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 10:34:38 GMT
hi,

> I have a node with version 1.1 and 1.2 and I want to restore 1.1. After
> calling node.restore(1.1), there is only 1.1 left and 1.2 is removed, e.g.
>
> Version restoreMe = node.getVersionHistory().getVersion("1.1");
> node.restore(restoreMe, false);
this is not true (or should not be the case). but the base version
will point to 1.1. the next checkin will create a branch, with the
version 1.1.1.

> Is it possible to restore 1.1 without losing 1.2, such that the history
> looks like 1.1, 1.2, 1.3. In this example 1.3 is identical to 1.1.

let me rephrase it: is it possible to restore 1.1 so that the next
checkin will create version 1.3 ?

this is currently not possible. JSR283 specifies "simple versioning"
which does not allow branches and where a restore will automatically
create a new version (e.g. 1.3 in this case).

there might be a solution with a 2nd workspace:
- restore 1.1 in the 2nd workspace
- merge 1.2 and 1.1 in 'this' workspace
but i'm not sure if this works :-)

regards, toby