jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generating unique path
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:23:31 GMT
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Nigel Sim<nigel.sim@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...In my use case for Jackrabbit I do not have a direct use for paths. I just
> have object with properties and relationships which I want to store, and
> later retrieve via searching those attributes.
> Is there a way/class/factory I can use to auto generate a unique path
> property?...

Using time-based paths has worked well for me in similar cases, something like

where you generate a path based on the timestamp when the object is
inserted. The trailing 0001 is a global counter that prevents
collisions when several objects are inserted within the same second.

With Jackrabbit it is not recommended for a node to have more than
about 10'000 child nodes, the above convention will also avoid that.

View raw message