jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Fabián Mandelbaum <fmandelb...@gmail.com>
Subject One Repository or Many?
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:26:36 GMT
Hello there,

if I want to use JCR to store content and metadata for a CMS. And that
CMS must support different customers. In order to separate each
customers storage space for both security and reliability issues (if a
given customer's storage space gets corrupt somehow, the rest of the
customers are not affected), which is the recommended JCR strategy for
this?

With databases one has one DB server, containing many DBs, and the DBA
configures them so each user of the server cannot access the DBs of
the others, and if one DB gets corrupt, that doesn't affect the rest
(it doesn't take the server down with it either)

As far as I know, JCR doesn't have this 'one server, many DB' (storage
spaces) concept. The closest to this concept is JCR workspaces, but
again, the use of workspaces to separate content this way is
discouraged by JCR gurus.

So, "one JCR repo to rule 'em all" (and if so, which are the
recommended "best practices" to avoid repo corruption, think on backup
and restore using the system view XML export/import), or "one JCR repo
per customer" ?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

--
Fabián Mandelbaum