jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: session sharing akin to DCHP/C3P0?
Date Tue, 28 Jul 2009 18:10:06 GMT
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM, Bear Giles<bgiles@coyotesong.com> wrote:
> Is there a standard session sharing solution akin to DCPH/C3P0?  Or at least
> a low-cost factory akin to DataSource for SQL Connections?
> Or is that really bad for some reason?  I want to avoid re-authenticating
> for every request if possible.

Creating a session (ie. login) is very fast in Jackrabbit. Thus it
allows you to create a session for each request in a web application,
and have them really per-enduser, ie. not using a single
database-admin-user as typically done with JDBC, which I would
strongly recommend:

- it makes it easier to write RESTful apps (which I consider a good thing (tm))
- access control can be done by the repository
- clearly separates actions of different users, because everything is
done in the transient space before you do save(), typically at the end
of the request

Regards,
Alex

--