jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Query results ordered by path
Date Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:01:29 GMT
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Juan Pereyra<juan.pereyra@globant.com> wrote:
> A quick question for you. We were using path elements to describe the names of some of
our nodes, for instance, we have a category tree which is directly mapped to a subtree in
the repository. However, we are facing the need to retrieve categories ordered by name, that
is, by path. We haven't explicitly set a separante name property, since every rename operation
is for us, a move operation. The problem is, we cannot "order by" path, since it's a pseudo-property,
we are also using OCM and I was trying to solve the problem using SQL queries, which are not
supported by OCM, afaik. So, is it possible to get results ordered by paths? orderable children
might help? Any other advice is more than welcome. The categories are not that much of a problem,
we could order them in our up without too much hassle, but there are other types of entities
which should be paginated and so on...

Ordering by path is not possible with either JCR Xpath or SQL. But I
think the results should be ordered by path if you set
respectDocumentOrder=true in the search index configuration:

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/Search

Regards,
Alex

--