jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Files Management
Date Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:10:11 GMT
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Nitin
Gupta<nitin.res@srishtitechnet.com> wrote:
> Currently I am making use of RDBMS to keep the binary content. But this
> approach may have performance limitations in production environment. So I
> was contemplating JCR based solution for this where I can get best of both
> worlds i.e. RDBMS for meta data (which I am already maintaining in my
> schema) & file storage (which Jackrabbit can manage for me).

JCR / Jackrabbit itself is already the best of both worlds (RDBMS and
file systems), as it allows you to store files along with metadata and
you get fulltext search etc. So you could completely switch to JCR as
well :-)

> If my thoughts are correct then please guide me to internet resources where
> I can learn how to configure Jackrabbit to serve my purpose & what
> combination of PM and Data Store will be best for me.

The FileDataStore makes the binary-data reading and writing as fast as
possible. For the persistence manager, a database bundle PM is
recommended and embedded ones (such as Derby) are faster than remote
ones (but won't be able to do clustering).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

----------------------------< alexander.klimetschek@day.com >----------
Alexander Klimetschek, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6,
CH - 4001 Basel, T +41 61 226 55 31, M +49 151 15 77 20 56

Twitter: http://twitter.com/daysoftware

Xing: http://www.xing.com/go/invite/3268380.32d2d4
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/klimetschek
Blog: http://weblogs.goshaky.com/weblogs/alexkli/