jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Serious problem with repository - Urgent Help required
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:48:03 GMT
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:44 AM, Alexander Klimetschek<aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 11:25 PM, Vibhu Sharma<vibhu@projectoffguard.com> wrote:
>> Pardon me  for budging in, but what will be the recovery procedure if
>> a file system is used for Node storage. The link talks about the
>> recovery for DB storage only.
>
> Simple file backups of the datastore directory.

Oh, sorry, that answer belongs to a slightly different question ;-)

What do you mean by "file system is used for Node storage"? The
XMLPersistenceManager? That one is not recommended at all, it's only
for debugging. It has no safety net built in. But you can at least
modify the xml files directly and try to fix the issues.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek