jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Block access to a node in other workspace
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:36:31 GMT
On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 7:46 AM, aasoj j<aas.ojj@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please pardon me if I have missed something very basic and hence getting
> into the following situation.
>
> I have created a system workspace to keep system information
> systemSession = repository.login(new SimpleCredentials(name, password),
> "SystemData").
>
> Then I added a node using session.getRootNode().addNode("node", type).
> The intent is to hide data in node.
>
> Later when I read child nodes in the default session using
> repository.login(new SimpleCredentials(name,
> password)).getRootNode().getNodes()
>
> I am able to see the node in SystemData workspace. Similarly i am able to
> see nodes created in default workspace using systemSession.
>
> I thought through the Session object the client can access any node or
> property in that tree of the workspace to which the Session is tied. Am I
> missing something. Is it possible to block this?

I guess you are using a pre-1.5 version of Jackrabbit: there the
access management was simple, where only between "admin", "anonymous"
and normal users was differentiated by their user id - passwords were
ignored. That's the SimpleAccessManager and SimpleLoginModule in the
repository.xml.

Starting with 1.5 the access management was improved, to work towards
the access control that will be part in the upcoming JCR 2.0 spec.

A starting point is currently the mailing list only:
http://markmail.org/message/o46lyg6emctxlocg

Regards,
Alex

--