jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Performance query
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 13:54:04 GMT
On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Ard Schrijvers<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:

>> This is because the path is not indexed, so if there is a path
>> location step in the query, the query execution has to additionally
>> access the repository to filter out results inside that path.
>
> It is actually done within the lucene indexes (which is technically
> part of the repository but I think you mean something else, like
> database access :-)) ), but it gets really expensive for lots of
> results. There is no database access for filtering the path or
> something. There is a hierarchical child axis query within the lucene
> indexes that is just quite expensive.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. With "repository" I was refering to the
persistence managers / item state managers / hierarchy manager. But
didn't know this actually happened purely inside the Lucene index.
BTW, doesn't this make a move difficult as well, when the index
contains the hierarchy information itself? Or is it just parent node
references that are stored in the lucene documents?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek