jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Repository for nomades ?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 12:27:27 GMT
2009/7/9 Hervé Agnoux <herve.agnoux@diaam-informatique.com>:
> Le jeudi 09 juillet 2009, Alexander Klimetschek a écrit :
>>
>> No and I haven't heard of someone doing such a synchronization so far.
>> But contributions are welcome ;-)
>>

> Hum... if there is no code, are there some framework or good practice for that?

Well, subversion or git come to my mind ;-) But they don't allow for
fine-grained properties, fulltext search, simple API, etc., all the
goodies from JCR. I also don't know if there are similar things
available in the relational database world.

I agree that such a framework would be really cool. Maybe it could be
more easily implemented if one creates a special persistence manager
that runs for the user workspaces on the central server and actually
fetches the data from the client, where another, local persistence
manager access the same data. Upon sync, the local one would have to
be temporarily stopped, the one on the server is started, accesses the
data remotely and then the JCR workspace merge operations are used to
sync the data. (Maybe the persistence managers have to be the other
way around, ie. the remote pm is actually running on the client side,
which works better in terms of routers/firewalls).

Clustering, btw, is not an option, since a cluster node could be
disconnected from the cluster while the rest of the cluster continues
to work, but then it is not running at all, ie. you could write
anything locally if there is no access to the cluster's global
journal. And it would depend on the persistence managers clustering
abilities as well.

Regards,
Alex

--