jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Repository for nomades ?
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:46:17 GMT
2009/7/9 Hervé Agnoux <herve.agnoux@diaam-informatique.com>:
> I mean when a user work on a software offline. So the soft use a local JCR.
> When he goes online, the local JCR need to populate a central JCR, on a
> server.
>
> Or, when a person works with a computer, and then with an other, she want to
> transfert its JCR from the first post to the second.
>
> Or, when two persons work together, with their own JCR, they wants, sometime,
> synchronize their JCR Repository.
>
> Is there some utilities in jackarabbit to do that ?

No and I haven't heard of someone doing such a synchronization so far.
But contributions are welcome ;-)

Depending on how much of JCR you want to support (and if you want
synchronization in both directions), this can be quite an effort. But
if you only want to copy content in one direction, this is simpler -
you "just" need a transport format (we have packaging in our
commercial JCR implementation, Day CRX [1]).

[1] http://www.day.com/crx

Regards,
Alex

--