jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Generating unique path
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 11:34:02 GMT
On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Bertrand
Delacretaz<bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
> Using time-based paths has worked well for me in similar cases, something like
>
>  /content/2008/12/31/09/42/03/0001
>
>  [..]
>
> With Jackrabbit it is not recommended for a node to have more than
> about 10'000 child nodes, the above convention will also avoid that.

Well, this might lead to a y10k problem then....

SCNR ;-)

But Bertrand is right, most data has a date associated, so this is a
good solution for many cases. You can still use UUIDs if you make the
respective nodes mix:referenceable (but note that the UUIDs will be
generated by the repository).

Regards,
Alex

--