jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: deployment to Geronimo 2.1?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 20:43:58 GMT
On Mon, Jul 6, 2009 at 8:22 PM, Kristian Rink<kawazu@zimmer428.net> wrote:
> Folks;
>
> not sure whether this is a known question but if so I missed at least
> finding a response somewhere within the Jackrabbit wiki: Is there a
> straightforward way of deploying Jackrabbit 1.5.6 to an Apache Geronimo 2.1
> appserver? I'm not really sure where to look here, only figuring out that
> the most "straightforward" way (deploying the jackrabbit .war file to
> Geronimo) failed complaining about the absence of the javax.net.jcr API
> packages (why aren't they part of the .war file by the way?), and placing
> the jcr-1.0.jar somewhere within the Geronimo folder structure didn't change
> anything about that...

The jcr-1.0.jar must be in the directory for jars that are shared by
all webapplications (don't know where this is on Geronimo). The reason
for this separation is that you typically want to access the
repository from different webapplications - or simply your
webapplication is accessing the repository contained within the
jackrabbit webapplication. Therefore the JCR API which is in the
jcr-1.0.jar must be shared by all.

Regards,
Alex

--