jackrabbit-users mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Recovering repository (or combining two repositories)
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 09:26:49 GMT
On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Harri T.<haba713@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a Jackrabbit 1.3.1 repository in Liferay 4.3.4. The repository was
> lost (rm -rf by accident) a month ago. Liferay created a new Jackrabbit
> directory structure and after that new documents were successfully added
> into the repository.
>
> Now I found a snapshot of the original directory structure and files.
>
> Can I some how combine the original and the new repository into one working
> repository?

If you use the datastore (not sure if it was available in 1.3
already), you could merge the folder/file structure, since they use
UUIDs and are therefore unqiue. But this doesn't give you the actual
JCR node structure, only the underlying binaries.

Therefore I think the best solution is to write a merging tool on the
JCR level. Setup access to two repositories, the recovered old one and
the new one, and copy over date from the old one into the new one (or
the other way around, whatever suits you best).

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek